POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thanks : Re: Thanks Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 1 Feb 2002 19:20:45
Message: <3c5b30dd@news.povray.org>
"wrestler" <mew### [at] starbandnet> wrote :

> Right now we are just using the regular shapes with some of
> the textures (some we can't figure out how to use) to make very basic
> pictures.  I would like to go further but am not sure which direction to
go.

    By basic shapes, do you mean that you are just adding boxes and spheres
etc to make a shape? If so the next step is cog, cutting shapes out of other
shapes. Look into "intersection" and "difference".

    If you have already covered those, you may want to move to conditional
statements, creating arrays of objects based upon changes in variables. Look
for "if" and "while".

    You may find that the first tutorial in the Povray help file will help
you cover most of the basic subjects, have you looked into that?